• Accredited Phlebotomy Technician Program.
We are also a National Examination testing site for the American Society Phlebotomy Technicians. You can take your National Phlebotomy Exam upon graduating from our program to obtain your license at Medical Skills Training Center. Your Phlebotomy license will be accepted anywhere in North America.
Phlebotomy Technician Class:
Medical Skills Training Center’s primary goal for the phlebotomy technician program is to educate students with didactic, laboratory, and clinical experiences. The program encompasses emerging and innovative technology in preparation for a healthcare career as a Phlebotomist.
This course will cover all aspects of Phlebotomy, from Steps in Performing a Proper Venipuncture, Skin Puncture Technique, OSHA and the Need for Safety, Components of the Laboratory Department and Tests Processed, Anatomy and Physiology, Simulated Lab, and Clinical. We also teach you about the NEW Order of Draw, blood tube colors and additives. This course provides you with the necessary certifications needed to obtain a Phlebotomy Technician license.
Phlebotomy technicians are important members of the clinical laboratory team. New diagnostic techniques, clinical laboratory technology and automated instruments have greatly increased the volume of–and demand for medical laboratory testing performed by phlebotomy technicians. Phlebotomy technician graduates can work in hospitals, physicians’ offices or in independent labs. By getting your Phlebotomy Technician certificate at Medical Skills Training Center, you can quickly get your foot in the door to the medical field. Phlebotomy is often an excellent stepping-stone to other positions available within the healthcare industry.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of phlebotomists is projected to grow 25 percent through 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations. Hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, blood donor centers and other locations will need phlebotomists to perform blood-work
– Seating: Our program seats 15 students to a class.
– Day Classes: Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
⁃ Course Length – (10.5)weeks of Theory/Lecture,Lab,Clinical
⁃ On-site: BLS Certification, Lecture, Lab, Video and Skills/Clinical Training
⁃ Professional and Licensed Healthcare Instructors
⁃ Hands On Experience
⁃ Graduation Ceremony
⁃ Take Your National Test at Medical Skills Training Center
MSTC Enrollment Requirements:
1. Must be 18 years of age or older
2. Clean BCI
3. High School Diploma, GED, Unofficial College Transcript, OR MSTC Placement Test
4. Photo copy of your License
5. Social Security Card
6. Deposit of half or full tuition(depending on timeframe when you sign up)
7. Must already be a Certified Nursing Assistant, or CNA with state License
MSTC Immunization Enrollment Requirements:
1. Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella
2. Tetanus /Diphtheria/Pertussis (Td or Tdap)
3. 2 Step-Tuberculin(PPD) Must be administered no less than 2 weeks apart, no more than 6 months apart and within one year of entry into the CNA Program. Positive PPD requires chest X-Ray
4. Hepatitis B Series
What’s Included Within Your Tuition Cost?
White Lab Coat
Phlebotomy Certificate of Completion
Additional Costs Not Included within the Tuition cost:
• License Exam Testing fee
• Immunization Records(Visit to your PCP)
Tutoring-Get the extra “One on One” help you need to pass the course!(Must be currently enrolled into MSTC programs)
Tutoring hours:Saturdays (by appointments only)
Fee: $15 dollars an hour- minimum of two(2) hours
Medical Skills Training Center
681 Park Ave,Suite 11,Cranston RI 02910